This job post is no longer available
$87.000 - $95.000
25 Aug → 24 Sep
Colorado State University Global (CSU Global)
Aurora, CO, USA
Colorado State University Global is the premier provider of online education for today’s modern learners, with a global reputation for high-quality, personalized, affordable education. As the first independent, public online university in the United States, CSU Global’s focus is our students’ career success and their return on investment through education.View Company Profile
The Assistant Controller will serve as a leader by providing direction for all financial activities, including but not limited to revenue recognition, payroll, account reconciliations, and the establishment and improvements of fiscal policies, practices, and procedures. The Assistant Controller ensures that financial transactions are recorded timely, accurately, and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. This position is also responsible for the leadership and management of accounting staff and relationships with external accounting firms. This position reports to the Vice President of Finance and Administration.
The position is fully remote with less than 5% travel to Aurora, Colorado for on-campus activities that may require the individual to attend.
Colorado State University System is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements. In order to assist Colorado State University System in meeting its affirmative action responsibilities, ethnic minorities, women, and other protected class members are encouraged to apply and to also identify themselves.
- Manage month-end and year-end close processes to include the preparation of journal entries and monthly account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, and reports required by university leadership, the Colorado State University system, and regulatory agencies.
- Analyze financial details of the university for accuracy and completeness as well as to identify and develop opportunities for improvement.
- Assist in coordinating the annual budgeting process.
- Oversee and, where needed assist with the monthly payroll process and verify the accuracy of payroll tax filings prepared by outside parties.
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines and procedures for all accounting activities such as cash management, revenue recognition, and accruals.
- Monitor banking and investment activities to ensure accuracy of accounts and recommendations for transfers to investment accounts.
- Conduct or coordinate audits of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university is required.
- 5 years of related accounting experience. Big 4 experience preferred.
- Experience managing a financial, budgeting, and/or forecasting system.
- Active CPA license or Master of Accountancy required.
- 3-4 years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB), National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO) standards, and State Fiscal Rules.
- Proven ability to work effectively with large amounts of data, to drill down into accounting report details, and to make decisions on accounting data within the Federal, state and CSU System guidelines and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to manage vendors and/personnel to deliver financial reports and accounting information on time while enforcing accounting standards and CSU Global policies
Benefits/What We offer
- CSU Global offers employer contributions to medical, dental, group life, AD&D coverage, Wellness benefit and training & development opportunities.
- Additional employee-paid benefits are available for vision, FSA/HSA, voluntary life, and voluntary AD&D coverage, critical illness and accident insurance.
- CSU Global also offers a 401a retirement account with a generous employer match, 100% tuition assistance for CSU Global programs (Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees), paid sick time, paid vacation time, and 10 holidays per year.
- CSU Global employees are state employees and have access to the Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (C-SEAP) resources.
- Discounted pet insurance is also available.
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.