This job post is no longer available
Web Design Specialist
25 Aug → 24 Sep
New York, NY, USA
Mercer is seeking the following position that can be performed remotely: Web Design Specialist.
This position is a part of the Global Business Solutions team and works closely with the North America Career marketing strategists to create and publish to www.imercer.com, supporting business goals and objectives. Working under minimal supervision this position will work in a fast-paced environment to design, develop, and optimize webpages for UX (User Experience) and accessibility best practices with the goal of generating sales on the organization’s eCommerce site.
- Lead accessibility initiatives for our main website which includes accessibility testing, remediation, code validation, and written recommendations.
- Help create successful designs that meet both accessibility standards and UX best practices. This includes web design, HTML/CSS, and applying and implementing branding and rebranding initiatives.
- Determines visual presentation design requirements by studying objectives and features, and evaluating similar and related visual presentations in order to effectively communicate a message.
- Stays abreast of technology and software advances in the field and is able to apply such advances to daily tasks to manage all customization and versioning of designs.
- Obtains approval of visual presentation concept by submitting rough layout for approval and making adjustments to maintain superior quality of finished product.
- Follows organization standards to maintain quality of design results, including incorporating branding requirements in designs.
Requirements / Qualifications
- 3-5 years’ experience in website production role, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Working knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1.
- Skilled in using Adobe Creative Suite applications, particularly Photoshop and Dreamweaver, but also Illustrator.
- Advanced CSS knowledge.
- Able to write HTML.
- Working knowledge of responsive web design and Bootstrap framework.
- Works independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy.
- What makes you stand out: SEO Knowledge; Experience with A/B testing; Google analytics knowledge.
Benefits/What We offer
- Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential);
- Full benefits package – starting day one: medical, dental, vision, retirement and savings program, disability benefits, insurance coverage, opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan, etc. North America Region
- Generous Parental Leave and education support policy;
- Robust vacation, personal days, and paid time off to give back to your community.
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.