This job post is no longer available
Sr. Blockchain Developer
18 Aug → 17 Sep
San Francisco, CA, USA
BOSONIC is a leading FinTech company based in San Francisco that provides infrastructure to eliminate counterparty credit and settlement risk in Digital Asset markets. Our custodian-agnostic infrastructure, the Bosonic Network™, provides member institutions with patent-pending solutions for the cryptographic digitization of collateral, cross-custodian trading and payments transactions, as well as cross-margining, trade netting, clearing, and settlement automation.View Company Profile
If you have a strong passion for blockchain and cryptocurrencies, as well as a desire to do something that has never been done before but still solves specific problems in the largest markets in the world and delivers real products with a real revenue model, we want to hear from you.
You will be working with a team that is having a profound impact at the crossroads of blockchain and capital markets infrastructure. Building world-class disruptive technologies require vision, persistence, innovation, and a deep belief that nothing is impossible. We are looking for smart people who are not risk-averse and want to build something that will be universally recognized as a world first and world-changing. We aspire to provide a working environment, culture, and leadership team that fosters continuous improvement on a daily basis, offering transparency, ownership, and integrity. Join our proven and successful management team in executing one of the most ambitious global projects in the blockchain space.
- Work closely with company leadership to define roadmap and extend an existing custom blockchain implementation in Java
- Write high caliber code on a daily basis to satisfy time-sensitive production product development as well as R&D projects
- Collaborate with CEO, blockchain engineers, and math wizards and undertake R&D projects to create novel hybrid solutions to solve problems while maintaining extreme performance requirements without trading off guarantees blockchain provides
- Help develop blockchain product specs
- Collaboratively define blockchain systems architecture and best practices
- Document best practices and act as a knowledgeable resource for blockchain engineering and problem-solving.
Requirements / Qualifications
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in core Java and/or C++ (Java as a priority but ideally both)
- Hands-on experience with developing on at least one backend blockchain codebase, whether proprietary (e.g., Chain) or open-source (e.g., Hyperledger) -- not just building apps on top
- Strong understanding of the cryptographic principles and data dependencies underpinning blockchain technologies
- Experience and understanding of major consensus protocols, asymmetric encryption, Merkle trees, hash functions, key-value database, P2P communication protocols
- Experience and understanding of transaction scripting and smart contracts, especially Bitcoin-style conditionalized transactions
- Understanding of key areas of Blockchain research including data privacy, confidential transactions, side chains, and pegging, sharding, and other scaling methodologies
- Strong sense of ownership, passion to build quality products for massive scale in a collaborative, agile environment, and excitement to learn
Benefits/What We offer
- The excitement and fulfillment of solving the biggest problems in the largest markets for top global clients using real blockchain technology
- Very competitive salary and equity in a well-funded and high growth startup backed by prominent investors
- Substantial career opportunities and upside to match your passion for what we do
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited vacation time
- SF, NY/NJ, or London initially 100% Remote
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.