This job post is no longer available
23 Jul → 22 Aug
San Francisco, CA, USA
We are hiring for two key roles: one building the core frontend of Calm.com, and the other within our B2B group, enabling employers to provide Calm as a mental wellness benefit to their employees.
- Serve as a reliable, go-to resource on the team for web projects, writing maintainable code that can be quickly updated when needed, has a low volume of bugs, and is readable and easily understood by other engineers on the team.
- Be self-directed with an ownership mindset, completing work efficiently with minimal intervention from others on the team. Help uncover scope early in order to establish engineering time estimates that guide prioritization decisions.
- Ensure the most frequently visited parts of our web application are performant and error free.
- Work with mobile and backend engineers to A|B test new features and UX changes, optimizing for the best outcomes for our users and the business
- Implement designs with a high degree of precision and polish
- Deploy code to production, maintain visibility on the status of Pull Requests and client builds as they get deployed, and identify root causes and resolution actions for critical bugs.
- Stay up to date on the latest technologies in web development, incorporating those changes which can accelerate our development speed and improve quality.
- Keep a pulse on user feedback that comes in via customer support, prioritizing bug fixes that have the greatest impact on our members and advocating for application improvements that solve common user pain points.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Strong proficiency with React including building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Solid understanding of responsive web development
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Experience building large scale, multi faceted applications in React (preferred)
- Experience managing application state with Redux (preferred)
- Experience with TypeScript (preferred)
- Solid understanding of writing accessibility-focused front end code (preferred)
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (e.g. git) (preferred)
- Familiarity with deployment CI tools (e.g. Jenkins) (preferred)
Benefits/What We offer
- Competitive salary and equity
- “Take the time you need” approach to time off
- Coverage for medical, dental, & vision insurance plans
- Home office stipend
- Supportive wellbeing benefits including our EAP support, and monthly wellbeing reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Remote-first environment that allows you to work flexibly from many locations
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.