This job post is no longer available
20 Jul → 19 Aug
Chicago, IL, USA
Numerator is looking to grow its Finance team in Chicago by hiring a Tax Accountant. This individual should be able to efficiently multi-task as this position works cross-functionally within the organization.
While this position can be remote, Numerator is only able to hire in many, but not all, states and provinces. In certain cases, if you are not located in a specific area where Numerator is able to hire, you may not be eligible for employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Support and prepare documentation for federal tax returns in the US, Canada and Australia
- Prepare allocation schedule for state tax returns in the US
- Prepare sales and use tax compliance with assistance from third-party compliance vendor
- Reconcile tax liability and expense accounts
- Review billing system reports to assure that tax is assessed correctly
- Examine fixed asset invoices and assess whether there is additional use tax liability
- Update tax calendars which track the tax department’s periodic activity
- Update and complete tax registrations, business licenses, and other miscellaneous tax filings
- Research tax issues and keep track of law changes
- Support for all tax audits
- Prepare intercompany invoices and related journal entries
- Serve as a backup to other corporate accounting functions
- Assist in special projects as needed
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor 's degree in Accounting
- At least 4 years of accounting and tax experience
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Proficient in Oracle NetSuite
- Familiarity with accounting terminology and procedures
- Good time management skills; ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines
- Takes ownership of their assigned responsibilities
- Proficient in U.S. GAAP policies
- Knowledge of U.S tax principles
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.