Software Engineer, Crypto Custody
13 Jul → 12 Aug
San Francisco, CA, USA
Kraken is one of the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world and we’re growing faster than ever. We’re looking for people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers, we truly believe our success depends on having both in spades. Join us and the movement to change the way the world thinks about money.View Company Profile
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry by joining our team as the newest Software Engineer, Crypto Custody.
We are passionate about building secure, highly scalable applications for our millions of customers across the world and are looking for experienced Software Engineers to join us on our mission!
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
- Research new crypto assets and integrate them into our custody system
- Maintain our custody system and its integrations with various blockchains as each blockchain evolves
- Develop novel security solutions to safeguard our clients assets
- Delve into novel emerging technologies such as Multi-Party Computation (MPC)
- Actively participate in the development of custody related systems, the scaling and growth of the team, and the ultimate direction of crypto custody
- Work cross functionally with the crypto payments team on new assets
- Remain security, detail, and quality focused above all other concerns
- Focus on developing end to end test frameworks that use little to no mocks
- Able to reason about and build threat models when developing software
Requirements / Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience as a backend/full stack developer
- Experience with Blockchain daemons such as Bitcoind, Litecoind, Parity or other crypto software
- Strong proficiency with basic cryptographic concepts
- Strong proficiency or familiarity with Rust
- Experience with or working knowledge of hardware security modules (HSM’s) a major plus.
- Ability to perform basic DevOps tasks using docker & kubernetes
- Ability to use GNU/Linux operating systems
- Understanding of the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds (preferred)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git (preferred)
- Strong passion for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.