Associate General Counsel
02 Jul → 01 Aug
New York, NY, USA
The Assistant General Counsel will report directly to the General Counsel. The person will work hand-in-hand with teams across the company to drive growth, launch new product offerings, assist with the review and negotiation of contracts, advise on privacy and cybersecurity issues, provide analysis and legal advice on a wide range of issues, and help manage our growing legal team.
Please note: All roles at Rhino are remote, and there will be no future in-office mandate.
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
- Advise business teams on a variety of legal and operational issues, including related to privacy, cybersecurity, and intellectual property.
- Negotiate and draft commercial agreements, and provide guidance and leadership regarding corporate governance, compliance, financial structuring and capital markets.
- Enhance and administer contract management processes, including continuous improvement of templates, signing protocol, contract retention, and contract lifecycle management.
- Partner with our Compliance team to monitor and advise on laws and regulations applicable to Insurtech companies, assist in responding to regulatory exams and inquiries, develop and improve policies and procedures as the company grows.
- Advise product teams in the development of innovative new products and the implementation of technological solutions.
- We will look to you to identify weaknesses in governance practices and make recommendations for improvement, in addition to helping to provide a responsible and responsive framework for strategic risk approach and mitigation.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- A keen attention to detail.
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to stay calm under pressure, work independently, and handle multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting time-sensitive deadlines.
- Experience with startups and/or tech companies is a benefit, as is global experience.
- Experience providing guidance on regulatory issues, particularly related to data privacy and cybersecurity.
- A team-player with the ability to work collaboratively across various functions and with colleagues at all levels.
- Bar admission in good standing (New York preferred)
Benefits/What We offer
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
How To Apply
Apply through GoRemotely.